The Sudan Institutional Capacity Programme: Food Security Information for Action (SIFSIA) is a Government of South Sudan (GOSS) Programme funded by the European Union (EU) implemented by the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the UN (FAO).
SIFSIA is a four years programme which began in December 2006 and aims at strengthening human, physical and institutional Capacity in analyzing, designing, monitoring and evaluating food security policies and programmes.
SIFSIA’s overall aim is to build sustainable food security in South Sudan and it is expected to deliver the following main outputs:
- Food security institutional and operational framework
- Strengthened government capacity in livelihoods and food security policy analysis and programming
- Crop and livestock market information
- Crop and livestock monitoring and forecasting system
- Natural resource monitoring system
- Nutrition information system
- Food security research
For more information:
Elijah Mukhala (PhD), Chief Technical Advisor, a.i.
Juba, Republic of South Sudan